A friend of mine claims to dislike YA. It’s shocking and awful and hard to believe, but it actually gets worse:
Paulina This nameless
pal of mine says she doesn’t just dislike YA, she *hates* it.
Where is a fainting couch when you need one?
So this is obviously unacceptable and must be rectified immediately. And so I’ve struck a deal with my friend. A deal wherein she can only say she hates YA after she reads ten books of my recommendation. Being a good sport, she’s agreed.
I’ve thought long and hard about what books to recommend. This is obviously really important, and I feel a big responsibility to get it right. At first I tried to tailor my suggestions to the adult books ,my friend likes, but in the end I decided to go with my gut and pick my absolute favorite, 5 star reads. Books that I devoured in a day. Books that made me stay up late in the night, be late for work, and neglect personal hygiene to read. I hope I’ve made the right decision!
And so without further ado, here they are. The books that will convert Paulina to a YA lover:
· Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
· The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
· The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
· Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
· Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
· Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
· Graceling by Kristin Cashore
· Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
· On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
· Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Can’t wait to hear what she thinks! (Also, I’m jealous of her life that she gets to read all these amazing books for the first time.)