I’ve read A LOT of books this year, so many of them awesome for their own reasons, but I’d be lying if I said it was hard to decide which ones were my favorites. My favorites were so awesome they made the decision easy. They were the books I read in a day, neglected home responsibilities for, fangirled over like a 12-year-old, and recommended to unsuspecting teens browsing my local Chapters. So without further ado, my favorite books of 2012 are (in no particular order):
1. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
4. The Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
7. That’s it. I could force myself to pick ten but then it wouldn’t really and truly be a list of my absolute favorites.
If you haven’t already read these books, you should. In fact, do that right now. Drop whatever you’re doing and read these books. Then come back here and thank me :D
How about you guys? What were your favorite books of 2012?