Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Best YA Book Covers As Of Late (in my opinion, anyway)

I've always been fond of a great book cover, and in fact, an awesome cover has inspired me to buy more than a few books where I've found the blurbs on the back to be just so-so (I know, I know, SUPERFICIAL!) But as of late I've had reason to pay special attention to covers (I got a book deal. Did I mention recently that I got a book deal?)

So much to my husband's delight, going to the bookstore is even more of a lengthy ordeal than it was in the past, because now I have to stop and admire all the gorgeous YA covers and dream up what my cover might look like. As a result of my most recent scouring of Chapters, here's what I came up with as my hands-down favorite YA cover:



This choice is ironic, because I normally dislike covers with close-ups of faces. But what's not to love here? The colors are striking! The girl is so pwetty! And I love the font for the title! It's exactly what I'd love for my book cover to look like (except for different, 'cause, you know, that whole copying thing.) 

Runners up, whose covers also inspired feelings of jealousy: 


Common theme I'm noticing here is color. Lots of color! And bold lines. And things that are pretty! And that last one, which admittedly doesn't have a lot going on, yet I love just as much anyway.  

Feel free to disagree with my choices. I promise to only hate you a little bit for it :) 

So, what are your favorite YA book covers?



12 comments:

  1. I have Imaginary Girls and Shattered Souls on my list too!! Even though I haven't read either of them.

    Shine, and Bunheads are so gorgeous too. They're at the top for me : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Anna Dressed in Blood and Shattered covers. I also really like the Fallen cover. I go for the dark look.

    I'm not a fan of the Modeland cover AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love that one. Almost at the top of my list.

      Fallen is great too!!

      Delete
  3. Don't hate me for loving all of the "girl in dresses" covers that have been coming out lately. I'm mentally twelve, so I always gravitate towards the pretty shiny-ness.

    *hangs head in shame* *walks over to her pretty book shelf and coos over all of them*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favourite cover from your selection is the 'Imaginary Girls'. The girl floating in the water is very otherworldly.
    My favourite covers at the moment are 'When the Sea is Rising Red', 'Fracture', and 'The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer'. I haven't read them yet, but they're sitting on my Kindle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Mara Dyer too! Just finshed that book last week. Going to have to google your other selections :)

      Delete
  5. Madapple and Shattered Souls are sooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a book deal, hmmm I hadn't heard...*grin*. I am with you, the whole book cover thing is a major preoccupation once you know your book will be an actual book. I love your choices--and Daughter of Smoke and Bone is my favorite too. SUCH a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad SOMEONE agrees with my top choice! Haha.

      I haven't actually read the book yet, but I will, especially now that you've said that :)

      Delete