Monday, January 30, 2012

So now that I've got street cred...

Who wants me to crit their query letter?

Contrary to a lot of people, I love query letters. Reading them, writing them, critiquing them--I love it all. And I'd REALLY love to help someone hone their letter. So, anyone who would like me to critique theirs please email me at michelle.k.krys@gmail.com. If a ton of people submit I can't promise to crit every single letter, but I can promise to be nice. Picky but nice.

Disclaimer #1 -In agreeing to this critique you are agreeing that your query letter be posted on this blog.
Disclaimer #2 -I don't claim to be a professional and my opinions are my own
Disclaimer #3 -The Query Shark is awesome and the pioneer of the blog query critique.

CLOSED TO SUBMISSIONS. THANKS PARTICIPANTS! ANOTHER CHANCE COMING NEXT WEEK, SO WATCH FOR IT :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! She knows what she's doing folks - she critted mine a *few* times as I remember : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to do this. That is so cool you got married in Africa. Wow. All the best with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ruth!

    Glad to help, ladonna, and double thanks for the well wishes on my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe when I have my next query ready, you'll be running another query competition that I can enter. Your advice is golden and not be missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Amaleen! But don't be silly--you can email me your query any old day of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I could just finish this darn book of mine, then I'd have a query letter for you to crit. When I'm finally done, you'll be the first to see it, as is the case with all my writing :)

    ReplyDelete